Herman Miller Sayl Chair
The Herman Miller Sayl Chair is inspired by the principles of suspension bridges, the frameless back of the SAYL work chair encourages a full range of movement while the suspension back material keeps you cool, all with an extremely small environmental impact. It is everything a Herman Miller chair should be. At a very attainable price.
|Support is moulded directly into the 3D Intelligent back material. The suspension material is stretched from the Y-Tower at the back of the chair just as cables are stretched from the towers of a suspension bridge. The tension is greater in the transition areas, from the thoracic to the lumbar areas and between the lumbar area and sacrum. 'Hinge points' allow these areas to flex and support the healthy, forward rotation of the pelvis. At the same time, less tension in other parts of the back encourages a full range of seated movement.|
View the Herman Miller Sayl Chair Brochure Here
- No frame means no hard edges. Support is moulded directly into the strands, more in areas that need it, less elsewhere for freer movement.
- The chair’s distinctive Y–Tower™ structure provides the connection points for the suspension back. It is the foundation of the chair’s distinctive arc, which mirrors the curvature of the spine.
- Vertical and horizontal elastomer strands vary in thickness, and provide appropriate levels of support and flex for the spine.
- Support is moulded directly into the 3D Intelligent back material, which is greater in areas that need it—sacrum, lumbar, and spine—lesser elsewhere for freer movement.
- Height-adjustable arms move vertically over a 10cm (4") range. Fully adjustable arms move vertically, as well as front to back and inward and outward.
- The ArcSpan™ along with the arm structure and tilt mechanism are fused into a single triangulated part. Its strength reduces the chair’s material requirement and weight.
- Choose the 3D Intelligent suspension back or an upholstered back for a more traditional look.
- An optional lumbar support for the upholstered work chair provides adjustment over a four-inch range.
- Seat Width: 622 mm
- Seat Depth: 622 mm
- Seat Height: 870 mm - 984 mm
- 12 years
Std height adj  ; tilt limiter ;
Height adj arms [H] ; Adj seat depth [A] ;
No add lumbar support [N2] ; Blk base & frame [BK] ;
64mm hard blk castors [BB] ; Blk susp back [BK] ;
Black armpad [BK] ; Onyx seat 
Custom colours & designs are available, please contact Ergoport for pricing.
- 3D Suspension Back
- Upholstered Back
- ArmRest Colour
DOWNLOAD Product Information Sheet
DOWNLOAD Herman Miller SAYL Chair
REQUEST further information
We use Fastway as our main couriers, therefore we are unable to deliver to PO Boxes (no deliveries on weekends). Our couriers cannot phone prior to delivery, and someone will need to be present to accept the delivery during business hours. If items are in stock (excluding chairs and desks), the delivery times are as follows: Major Metropolitan cities 1-3 business days Rural Areas 3-4 business days Australian chair companies ( Gregory’s range): Quickship chairs are available for dispatch from the factory within 2 business days. Custom made chairs (modified seat, or fabric colours) take between 3-4 weeks for manufacture. Delivery can take up to 15 days (Darwin & Perth). Sydney & Melboure are usually between 2-4 days. Other areas are between these times, but please contact us if you would like a more definite timeframe. Imported chairs (Kinnarps, selected HAG, rh). Please allow up to 8-12 weeks for delivery. Desks: As desks have a wide range of custom options, please contact us for time frames. We require a contact phone number and email address for all deliveries. Once your order has been shipped, we send an e-mail with the tracking information for your order.
At Ergoport, we strive to provide the most up-to-date information on our products to allow you to make the most informed decision before you make your purchase. However, if you do make an incorrect choice or change your mind, return the product within 7 days of receipt (upon approval only). A 20% restocking fee will apply to approved returns. Unfortunately, we cannot accept products which are not in a resellable condition e.g. products removed from blister packaging or without packaging, products that have been installed (monitor arms, keyboard trays, anti-glare and privacy filters etc). If the product you receive is faulty/dead on arrival or damaged in transit, contact us within 7 days and you will receive either a full refund (including any freight costs) or product exchange (refunds and exchanges are upon approval and only after damaged goods have been inspected). Please note there is no refund or exchange for special order items (unless faulty or damaged on arrival). These include all chairs and complete height adjustable desks. For all enquiries related to returns or exchanges, please e-mail email@example.com. Please keep your invoice for proof of purchase. Please do not send any return/exchange products to Ergoport prior to contacting us for approval.
Freight in Australia is based on the heavier weight, either physical weight or volume weight. To calculate freight, simply add the product to cart, and enter the delivery postcode into the relevant field. If no postcode is entered, a default freight charge will appear until entered.