Herman Miller Embody Chair
Business today depends upon innovation, creativity, ideas. So we had an idea: design a chair that helps you innovate, create and come up with the ideas that keep your company growing – minds and bodies in motion. Because movement promotes blood and oxygen flow, which keeps the brain more focused and functional. Embody will move you.
|Medical research suggests that our sedentary lifestyles, especially long hours of sitting, contribute to obesity and the negative outcomes associated with it: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome and mortality . Yes, we should all exercise more, but the truth is that sitting for hours every day in front of a computer is a fact of life that won't change any time soon.
 Hamilton MT, Hamilton DG, Zderic TW. Role of Low Energy Expenditure and Sitting in Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes, and Cardiovascular Disease. Diabetes 56:2655-2667, 2007.
Herman Miller Embody Features
- Embody’s Pixelated Support™ technology automatically conforms to your body’s micro-movements, distributing your weight evenly
- Its Backfit adjustment adapts to the unique curvature of your spine, holding your head in balance to your technology
- Embody uses spacer and knit constructions, the kind used in sneakers and geo-textiles. They cushion the sitter, are breathable, translucent, and resilient
- The frameless, narrow back allows your arms and shoulders to move more freely
- The Embody tilt provides three zones of support that introduce a new model of kinematics that stabilizes the pelvis and supports the upper back without pressure on the thighs.
- With a gas lift rated to 136kg, it can raise the user from a low position of 43cm to a maximum height of 56cm.
- Seat depth can easily be extended whilst seated, from a minimum length of 38cm to a maximum of 46cm
- The arm rests can be adjusted vertically as well as laterally through a range of 165mm-292mm (height) and 304mm-533mm (width)
Embody Chair Specifications
- Seat Height - 40.6cm - 52cm (16" - 20.5")
- Seat Depth - 38cm - 45.7cm (15" - 18")
- Seat Width - 53.8cm (21.2")
- Backrest Height - 61cm (24")
- Backrest Width - 32.5cm (12.8")
- Lumbar Support Height - 21.6cm (8.5")
- Overall Height (Maximum)* - 110.5cm (43.5")
- Overall Depth* - 73.7cm (29")
- Seat Tilt Range - 94° - 120°
- Back Tilt Range - 3° - 15°
- Seat Pan Angle - 3°
- Backrest-to-Seat Angle Range - 91° - 105°
- Backfit Adjustment* - 29.7cm (11.7")
- Kicker* - 10.6° Armrest Height - 16.5cm - 29cm (6.5" - 11.5")
- Armrests, Inside Measurement 30.5cm - 53.3cm (12" - 21"
- Armrests, Outside Measurement* - 50.8cm - 74.9cm (20" - 29.5")
- Base Diameter, Outside - 70.4cm (27.7")
- Weight (pounds) - 51 (46.5 - no arms)
- Weight limit 136kgs
What's the warranty period?
- 12-years in 24 hour use
REQUEST further information
We use Fastway as our main couriers, therefore we are unable to deliver to PO Boxes (no deliveries on weekends). Our couriers cannot phone prior to delivery, and someone will need to be present to accept the delivery during business hours. If items are in stock (excluding chairs and desks), the delivery times are as follows: Major Metropolitan cities 1-3 business days Rural Areas 3-4 business days Australian chair companies ( Gregory’s range): Quickship chairs are available for dispatch from the factory within 2 business days. Custom made chairs (modified seat, or fabric colours) take between 3-4 weeks for manufacture. Delivery can take up to 15 days (Darwin & Perth). Sydney & Melboure are usually between 2-4 days. Other areas are between these times, but please contact us if you would like a more definite timeframe. Imported chairs (Kinnarps, selected HAG, rh). Please allow up to 8-12 weeks for delivery. Desks: As desks have a wide range of custom options, please contact us for time frames. We require a contact phone number and email address for all deliveries. Once your order has been shipped, we send an e-mail with the tracking information for your order.
At Ergoport, we strive to provide the most up-to-date information on our products to allow you to make the most informed decision before you make your purchase. However, if you do make an incorrect choice or change your mind, return the product within 7 days of receipt (upon approval only). A 20% restocking fee will apply to approved returns. Unfortunately, we cannot accept products which are not in a resellable condition e.g. products removed from blister packaging or without packaging, products that have been installed (monitor arms, keyboard trays, anti-glare and privacy filters etc). If the product you receive is faulty/dead on arrival or damaged in transit, contact us within 7 days and you will receive either a full refund (including any freight costs) or product exchange (refunds and exchanges are upon approval and only after damaged goods have been inspected). Please note there is no refund or exchange for special order items (unless faulty or damaged on arrival). These include all chairs and complete height adjustable desks. For all enquiries related to returns or exchanges, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep your invoice for proof of purchase. Please do not send any return/exchange products to Ergoport prior to contacting us for approval.
Freight in Australia is based on the heavier weight, either physical weight or volume weight. To calculate freight, simply add the product to cart, and enter the delivery postcode into the relevant field. If no postcode is entered, a default freight charge will appear until entered.