Are you sitting correctly?
Take 10 seconds and do a quick check on how you're sitting. Back pain is one of the most common work-related injuries and is often caused by ordinary work activities such as sitting in an office chair or heavy lifting.
Now, how can Ergoport help you create an optimum working environment? We want to help provide a safe work-place where the focus is to prevent “non-accidental” posture-related injury. The central message here is PREVENTION! Figure 3 is the clear winner.
*Consider maintaining a 90-120 degree recline in your chair
Tips for Improving Posture and Ergonomics:
- Create ergonomic physical environments and workspaces, such as sitting in an ergonomic office chairs
- Get up and move. Consider adopting a Sit-Stand Working Environment
- Identify the warning signs of back pain caused by poor ergonomics and posture
- Increase awareness of posture and ergonomics in every day settings
- Avoid overprotecting posture by maintaining an overall relaxed posture
The aim of the ergonomic chairs we offer is that they will assist you in maintaining optimum posture for extended periods of time. They should also be used with a Sit-Stand solution to give an overall ergonomic solution.
Five Benefits of a "Good Chair"
- Being able to change posture (improves blood circulation, prevents pressure from building-up in one area, maintain healthy discs)
- Reduced Muscle Activity (Muscles are working as hard when you are standing as they do when you are seated with no back support)
- Take the weight off your spine
- Maintaining the natural shape of the spine
- Increased productivity in the workplace
How adjustable is your chair?
When we add a new chair to our range, we pay specific attention to incorporating three key elements:
- A 3 Lever Mechanism or a Synchron/Free-Float Mechanism
- A seat with optimum pressure distribution
- A fully adjustable posture system
One of Ergoport's focus is to prevent “non-accidental” injury, where pain arises as a result of normal activities and requirements of the task. Poor body mechanics (such as slouching in an office chair), prolonged activity, repetitive motions, and fatigue are major contributors to these injuries. Consider investing in an ergonomic chair today!
Our showroom is open Monday through to Friday from 9.00am to 5.30pm and located conveniently near North Sydney train station.
For appointment bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in Health & Safety,
The Ergoport Team
Ph: 02 9929 8447
Fax: 02 9929 7040