Mice & Keyboards
The award-winning Kinesis Freestyle Pro is a keyboard that is adjustable to suit different users body type by having variable splay of 51cm with the additional benefits of powerful onboard programmability and premium Cherry MX brown mechanical key switches (low-force, tactile feedback).
The Freestyle Pro is pre-configured for Windows use (Layout 1), but Mac users can simply toggle to Layout 2 with the touch of button and install the 4 included Mac keycaps. Layout 3 is pre-configured for Dvorak typists, but any of the 9 layouts can be customized using the onboard shortcuts or the easy-to-use SmartSetTM Programming App.
The SmartSet App is preloaded on the keyboard and doesn’t get installed on your computer. The Freestyle Pro also features an adjustable linking cable so everyone can find their comfort zone.
Kinesis Freestyle Pro Keyboard Features
- Cherry MX (Brown) Low-force, tactile key switches: The Freestyle Pro utilizes the Cherry MX low-force tactile switch (brown stem). It is a semi-custom low force tactile design created in 1992 to Kinesis’ specifications. “Tactility” is a slightly elevated force around the midpoint of the key stroke which signals when the switch is about to be activated. A tactile response is preferred by many ergonomists because it can reduce the frequency of “bottoming out” the switch and reduce unnecessary impacts to your fingertips. The peak (tactile) force is ~55gm, following by an activation force of ~45 gm.
- Adjustable linking cable accommodates a wide range of individuals The two key modules are connected by a 51cm linking cable that can be adjusted to suit your body type, desktop space, and typing preferences.
The basic configuration allows up to 30.5cm of separation. If you need additional separation, simply remove the cable compartment cover located on the back of the left key module and thread out more cable until you find your desired width.
- Zero degree slope form factor: The Freestyle Pro features a zero degree slope from front to back for maximum comfort. Most keyboards, even ergonomic models, have a 10 degree positive slope. Positive slope keyboards tend to bend your wrists backwards, but the Freestyle Pro’s zero degree slope keeps your wrists neutral to reduce painful wrist extension.
- Hot Keys: The Freestyle Pro features 8 pre-programmed hotkeys (Desktop, Last App, Select All, Undo, Cut, Delete, Copy & Paste) designed to reduce mouse clicks and awkward key combinations.
- Onboard Programming:
- The fully programmable Freestyle Pro features Kinesis’s exclusive SmartSet Programming Engine that allows you to customise the keyboard’s layout without installing any clunky software or special drivers, or accessing the internet. Record macros, remap keys, and much, much more.
- SmartSet works on all major operating systems and enables users to easily create, view, edit, share, and backup their custom layouts. And thanks to 4MB of built-in storage, all of your custom setting move with the keyboard.
Freestyle Pro Specifications
- Weight: 1.8kgs
- Depth (front to back): 184mm
- Width: 394mm
- Height: 32mm
- Adjustable linking cable length: 305mm – 546mm
- USB cable length: 1.8m
- Plug-and-Play (no software or special drivers)
- Windows 7-10
- Mac OS X v10.6 +
- SmartSet Programming App (Windows and Mac versions are pre-loaded)
- Connectivity: USB
What's the warranty period?
- 2 Years Limited
Freestyle Pro Keyboard Delivery
- Leadtime: 3-5 business days
- Product Code: KB900 (Palm Support: AC806PS-blk, Tenting Stands: AC730-blk)
REQUEST further information
We use Fastway as our main couriers, therefore we are unable to deliver to PO Boxes (no deliveries on weekends). Our couriers cannot phone prior to delivery, and someone will need to be present to accept the delivery during business hours. If items are in stock (excluding chairs and desks), the delivery times are as follows: Major Metropolitan cities 1-3 business days Rural Areas 3-4 business days Australian chair companies ( Gregory’s range): Quickship chairs are available for dispatch from the factory within 2 business days. Custom made chairs (modified seat, or fabric colours) take between 3-4 weeks for manufacture. Delivery can take up to 15 days (Darwin & Perth). Sydney & Melboure are usually between 2-4 days. Other areas are between these times, but please contact us if you would like a more definite timeframe. Imported chairs (Kinnarps, selected HAG, rh). Please allow up to 8-12 weeks for delivery. Desks: As desks have a wide range of custom options, please contact us for time frames. We require a contact phone number and email address for all deliveries. Once your order has been shipped, we send an e-mail with the tracking information for your order.
At Ergoport, we strive to provide the most up-to-date information on our products to allow you to make the most informed decision before you make your purchase. However, if you do make an incorrect choice or change your mind, return the product within 7 days of receipt (upon approval only). A 20% restocking fee will apply to approved returns. Unfortunately, we cannot accept products which are not in a resellable condition e.g. products removed from blister packaging or without packaging, products that have been installed (monitor arms, keyboard trays, anti-glare and privacy filters etc). If the product you receive is faulty/dead on arrival or damaged in transit, contact us within 7 days and you will receive either a full refund (including any freight costs) or product exchange (refunds and exchanges are upon approval and only after damaged goods have been inspected). Please note there is no refund or exchange for special order items (unless faulty or damaged on arrival). These include all chairs and complete height adjustable desks. For all enquiries related to returns or exchanges, please e-mail email@example.com. Please keep your invoice for proof of purchase. Please do not send any return/exchange products to Ergoport prior to contacting us for approval.
Freight in Australia is based on the heavier weight, either physical weight or volume weight. To calculate freight, simply add the product to cart, and enter the delivery postcode into the relevant field. If no postcode is entered, a default freight charge will appear until entered.